TIPS FOR BUYING NURSING SHOES
- Most nursing shoes are made from leather and rubber because these materials are easy to maintain and clean
Shoes made from synthetic or vegan leather are also available but not recommended as they can make your feet feel hot and sweaty. Suede shoes are also less popular because it is difficult to clean. Cloth-based nursing shoes like those made from canvas are not recommended as they can be stained easily and very time-consuming to clean.
Overall, most nurses prefer nursing shoes made from rubber as they are very easy to clean, durable and lightweight.
- Backless shoes may be appealing for some, but these type of nursing shoes are unstable and therefore not recommended for nurses.
Backless shoes only stay on your feet as long as the arch or your toes are strong enough to hold them while your foot is swinging. Clogs are a much better alternative.
- Beware of buying “breathable” shoes.
They are less likely to protect your socks and feet from accidental fluid spills.
- Asking for the advice of your colleagues is also a good way of finding the best nursing shoes for you.
New nurses entering the practice are usually not aware of how important it is to invest in proper shoes for hospital work. Seek recommendations from your seniors in the hospital as their experience in finding and wearing nursing shoes is valuable to consider in getting one.
- If you work 12-hour shifts and have a serious issue on your feet, consider seeing a podiatrist.
These foot doctors are trained to accurately assess your foot problems and recommend solutions or footwear that is best for you. Podiatrists commonly evaluate patients by having them undergo walking and balance tests and identify different pressure points on their feet.
What are Slip Resistant OR Anti Slip Shoe ? What is Shoe Horn ? New Sell Offers New Buy Leads
Shoe Making Foot Health Shoe Design Shoe Moulds Shoe Size Shoe Care
View More Foot Health Footwear Technology Footwear News Footwear Machines
YOU MAY SHARE YOUR VIEWS
FootwearTradeMart.com Global B2B Marketplace Trade Footwear Anytime, Anywhere