If you are someone who owns two or more pairs of shoes, a shoe-kit is a must-have product. Formal shoes especially need utmost care. A complete shoe kit would include a leather shoe cream, a cleaning cloth, a shoe brush, and a shoehorn to protect the heels of your shoes. A good shoe cream will keep your shoes shiny and looking good as new and helps to cleanse your shoes from any stains, dirt, and scuffs. shoe-polish cream helps to keep the colour of the shoes fresh and looking new each time you wear it. Good quality shoes come at a high price. However, using a shoe cream will help you maintain the quality of the product regardless of how many times you wear it.
Why should you use Shoe Cream?
Shoe creams generally feature a thick, rich cream base and a small amount of wax. They are known to form a pigment layer over the leather shoes that can be removed if the effect is undesirable. On that note, let us explore the process of using a shoe cream.
- Applying the shoe cream is extremely simple. To begin with, you will need a suitable cloth and the shoeshine cream itself. Following which, take off the laces and clean the shoes with a dry cloth.
- Using a clean cloth take a small amount of cream and apply it on your shoes. Depending on how much colour your shoes require, you can add more coats of polish to build up the colour gradually.
- Leave your shoes to dry, letting the shoe cream to be absorbed into the surface of the shoes.
- Once completely dried, use a shoe brush or a cloth to brush the surface of the shoe to give it the final touch, leaving you with a new looking shiny pair of shoes.
- Along with a quality shoe cream, a foot spray also helps in keeping your shoe odour free and smell great, especially in the summer and monsoon seasons.
What does shoe cream do?
When shoes become dry and dirty, a cream-based formula called shoe polish creams are used to bring back the original shine. Many often use leather shoe creams too, which are oil-based polishes that impart a matte shine to the shoe. They simultaneously restore any dry patches to their original softness.
How do you apply shoe cream?
Shoe shine cream can be applied in the following manner:
- First, brush your leather shoes with a dry clean rag or brush.
- Take a clean rag such as a piece of cotton fabric and dip it in some shoe polish cream.
- Gently rub the shoe polish cream against the leather shoe in a circular motion. Coat the entire shoe surface with the cream. The circular motion will help the shoe absorb the cream better and help restore any lost lustre.
If you own different colour shades in leather shoes such as brown and cream shoes, choose a neutral shoe cream.
How long does shoe cream take to dry?
Shoe polish cream usually takes about 15-20 minutes post
application. If you have applied multiple layers, it may take longer to completely dry.
Which is better shoe polish or cream?
Shoe polish creams and polishes serve completely different purposes. Here are the different purposes of using a shoe cream versus a polish:
- Shoe creams are meant to restore the original shoe lustre, whereas shoe polish enhances the shoes’ shine by creating a vibrant layer of wax on the shoe surface.
- The shoe cream is used to achieve a matte finish, whereas shoe polish gives a shiny appearance to the leather.
- Shoe polish can help hide any crevices and dent while shoe creams do very little in camouflaging ruggedness in shoes.
Thus, both shoe polish and cream serve specific purposes and essential in enhancing a shoe’s shelf life.
YOU MAY SHARE YOUR VIEWS
What is Shoe Kit ? What Should We Have in Shoe Kit ?
Why Should I Use Foot Spray ?