Product Development Department:
Product development is the core function of any manufacturing company. It is the basic tool to attract customer and eventually to come to a business contract. This initially developed sample under goes many modification through different stages, finally it is perfected by accommodating the suggestions from both the customers and the manufacturers. Before placing any order to the facility, the Buyer/Customer wants to know whether the factory is capable of producing the styles with the desired quality level or not. So it is very important to understand the sample development process to control quality and cost in the initial stage
- To create innovative product range to attract potential customers.
- It must be competitive in the market.
- It can be produced in the existing manufacturing facility.
- It should be promptly responsive to the customer
- Before finalization of sample, different steps are followed depending on the Buyer/Customer to Buyer/Customer and style to style. The steps are as follows:
1) Initial Sample
2) Salesman sample
3) Advertisement/Press Sample
4) Fitting Sample
5) Confirmation Sample &
6) Pre-Production /Gold seal Sample
These samples are sent to the Buyer/Customer one after another for approval.
Assessment of sample:
Upon receiving the samples, Buyer/Customers check the sample quality, fitting, finishing etc and gives the feed back within 5-7 days through e-mail . Feedback from the Buyer/Customer comes in three different forms
2. Not accepted or
3. Accepted with comments.
After getting their approval, it proceeds step by step. Sometimes the Buyer/Customer suggests some changes in the prepared sample both in terms of technicality and material.
Bellow The Product Development Flow chart are given
SOURCE All About Shoe Making
you may share your views about this page